Meet Rum Punch
Meet Rum Punch, our 1972 Contest 38 sailboat. Here are some fun facts about her:
- She is hull number 2 of only 15 built.
- She was designed in 1972 by Dick Zaal and built by Contest Yachts - Conyplex.
- She is 11.6m in length with a beam width of 3.4m.
- She is a monohull with a sloop rig and a lead encapsulated fin keel.
- She has a forward V berth, one heads, a large saloon area with one port and one starboard berth, a small L shaped galley with one after starboard pilot berth and an aft cockpit.
- All of the archives from the 1972 Contest 38 was sadly burned in a fire and therefore data and materials are hard to come by.
OUR DESIGN IDEAS
As we slowly uncover the cracks in our 50 year old boat, ideas are coming and going, growing and shrinking. We will continue to update this section of our website as we go.
Our main focus is to modernise her, create as much open space whilst using clever ways to store everything we need on our floating home. We will be living a very minimal lifestyle, so bringing only the essentials on board will be the case.
We update our Pinterest board as often as we can so feel free to peruse our ideas and we welcome any suggestions. More to come...